Proof of carpooling
Now you can get data-driven proof of employee carpooling
Providing incentives and rewards to employees who carpool is a great way to encourage a more sustainable workplace. This is only possible, though, if organisations know which employees are taking part in a carpooling scheme.
Faxi is the UK’s number one carpooling scheme for employees, and is the first to use groundbreaking technology to prove that carpooling is taking place.
Using a combination of GPS location data and Bluetooth proximity, Faxi has the capability to verify that a shared journey has taken place.
Proving carpooling via GPS
- Driver collects passenger(s) on way to work
- During the journey, driver and passengers FAXI apps upload by chunks their geolocation data to the server
- Using patented “proof of ride share” technology, the server make a fingerprint of the Geolocation data for quick and easy comparison
- The part of the journey where the driver is on his own is shown in red and the green represents carpooling taking place
- With confirmation of the carpool, the parking at destination is reserved via the app and pushed to the driver
- On arrival, the driver presents the code to the barrier to access the reserved parking
Proving carpooling via Bluetooth
- Each device in a carpool is assigned a unique, journey specific token by the Faxi server
- Users’ FAXI applications periodically scan for other Faxi users via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- Effective range of BLE in moving vehicle is approx. 3m (device dependent) therefore devices found must be in close proximity
- On finding other Faxi users devices swap tokens via BLE
- Tokens are uploaded at intervals during the journey to be checked by the server
- The server checks that tokens from the expected Faxi users are present throughout the journey and a ticket is issued on arrival at the destination